In today’s world, the expansion of day-to-day gadgets and the alternating sharing of data can cause your mobile device to become cluttered. A person who is not well-versed in technology may find it challenging to understand how to back up and restore data when upgrading or changing a gadget. It is so simple to be up-to-date with your devices and make sure that you have a backup of your data, regardless of whether you recently switched to a new device in order to move on to the latest capabilities and technology.
You will need to download the Galaxy Wearable app onto your smartphone in order to get started with the process of backing up your data. You will also need to make sure that Bluetooth is turned on and that your Wi-Fi connection is active. This is the URL that will allow you to download the Galaxy Wearable app onto your smartphone.
How to Create a Backup of Your Data on Your Galaxy Watch Using Samsung Cloud
Through the use of Samsung Cloud, you are able to generate a backup of your Samsung phone, tablet, or smartwatch. In addition, you can access and synchronize your data across various Samsung devices by using your Samsung account. You have the option of carrying out these steps manually or making use of the tool that automates backups.
Back-Up Your Data Manually
In order to manually back up your data, you will need to ensure that your phone and watch are connected to a Wi-Fi network and that Bluetooth is turned on on both devices. Here is the next step in the process.
- Swipe downwards on the display of your smartwatch to access the Quick Panel settings.
- To access your accounts and backup information, go to Settings (the gear icon). Make sure that you are logged into your Samsung account before continuing.
- It will display your Samsung account information. Next, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Show on phone button. You will need to finish the setup process on your mobile device, specifically your smartphone. You can back up the data on your linked phone by going to the Samsung Cloud area and tapping the Backup button.
- In the final step, choose the files that you wish to back up and then hit the Back up now button. It is important to keep in mind that audio and picture data will not be backed up to the Samsung Cloud.
Make sure that your smartwatch is set to do automatic backups.
The Auto Back Up function is one of the features that are among the most helpful ones. If you have this option activated, the data stored on your Galaxy Watch will be backed up on a daily basis automatically. This is how it should be done:
- Follow steps 1 through 3 above in order to use the Auto Back Up feature.
- After that, under the Samsung Cloud heading, simply turn the slider for automatic backup on by toggling it.
- However, in order for the feature to function, the linked phone’s battery will need to have at least a thirty percent charge on it. In a similar manner, the battery level of your Galaxy Watch should be at 15%.
How to Restore Data on Your Galaxy Watch
After you have finished configuring your new device, or after you have performed a factory reset, follow these steps to restore your data:
- Launch the Galaxy Wearable app on the linked smartphone you have on hand. To restore your data, navigate to Watch Settings > Accounts and backup > Restore data.
- Choose your electrical device from the different options.
- Make sure to check on and choose the data that you wish to bring back.
- Select the option to Restore by tapping on it.
How to Perform a Factory Reset on Your Galaxy Watch
You have the option of manually resetting your smartwatch or using the Galaxy Wearable app if you are connecting your smartwatch to a new smartphone device. after you have backed up the data on your watch to Samsung Cloud. If you want to directly reset your watch, then follow the steps below:
- Swipe downwards on the display of your smartwatch to open the Quick Panel.
- To reset your device, go to the Settings menu and select General.
- Before you can reset your watch, you will be taken to a screen that will advise you to make a backup of your data first. If you want to save a copy of your data, hit the Back-Up button; otherwise, tap the Reset button to confirm.
The Galaxy Wearable app can be used to reset your watch.
- Launch the companion app on your mobile device, and then browse to Watch settings > General on the menu that appears.
- If you want to make a backup of your data first, select Back up data; otherwise, hit the Reset button.
How to Back Up and Restore Your Data with the Samsung Smart Switch
You can create data backups on a target Samsung Galaxy device with the help of the Samsung Smart Switch app, and then restore those backups using either a wireless connection or a USB data cord. Nevertheless, it is possible that only certain Samsung Galaxy smartphones will be able to complete this operation successfully.
If your device is compatible, you will need to install Smart Switch on both your smartwatch and your Galaxy phone that is connected to it. After that, start up the Galaxy Wearable app and head over to Accounts and back up before selecting Smart Switch. After that, you can back up your data by following the instructions that appear on the screen, and you can also restore it.
On your smartwatch, it’s easy to make a backup and quickly get your data back. Simply ensure that you regularly back up and store a backup of your data on each of your devices, and do this at regular intervals. I really hope that you find the content to be helpful.