You can greatly improve the speed at which you can access the apps and settings that are most important to you by personalizing the buttons on your Samsung Galaxy Watch. Unfortunately, not enough people are aware that your buttons can be customized to reflect your style.
Both the home button and the back button can be found on most models of the Galaxy smartwatch. The home button can be found on the right side of the display.
The Home button can be found at the bottom of older Tizen devices such as the Active 2 and the Watch 3, whereas the Back button can be found at the top.
The button layout has been changed on Wear OS 3 devices, such as the Samsung Galaxy 5 and 4 watches; the home button can now be found at the top of the display, while the back button is located at the bottom.
Regardless of the model of your Samsung watch, you can customize and modify the shortcuts for the Home and, in some cases, the Back buttons. The good news is that performing this action is not too difficult.
Customize Galaxy Watch Buttons From Watch
- On your Galaxy Watch’s home screen, scroll up to enter the app drawer. To access the Settings menu, click on the gear icon.
- While in Settings, scroll to the bottom and select the option labeled Advanced features.
- After that, scroll down once more and click on the Customize keys option. Customize Galaxy Watch buttons here.
You can modify the behavior of the home button whether you press and hold it, double-press it, or just press it once. You can also customize the behavior of the back button when you just touch it once. However, you are unable to change the behavior with a single click of the home button, which always launches the home screen by default. It is also not possible to change the behavior of pressing the back button twice or while holding it. There is no action that is predefined, and you do not have the option to modify it in any way.
- To modify the action that is performed when the home button is double-pressed, tap on Double press, and then select any action or app from the list that appears.
Double-pressing the home button will launch the chosen app or action once it has been selected.
- To modify the behavior of the home button when you press and hold it, tap on the button directly. In contrast to the double-press action, this one does not allow you to select an app or action of any kind. Bixby is activated when the phone is on, but you have the option of launching Google Assistant or the power menu instead.
- If you don’t see Google Assistant here, ensure that the Google Assistant software on both your Galaxy Watch and your smartphone is updated to the most recent version. After choosing, you can now hold down the home button for a long time to open the chosen action. You can select to enter the power menu if you don’t like using voice assistants.
- To modify the action of the back button when it is pressed once, scroll down and select the Short press option that is located under the Back key.
- You can change it so that it displays the most recently used apps instead of the previous screen, which is the default setting.
You Can Personalize the Buttons on Your Galaxy Watch Using Your Android Phone
- Before you do anything else, check to see that your watch is successfully paired with your phone using Bluetooth. Through the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone, you can able to personalize the buttons on your Galaxy Watch. Since you need to use this app to set up your watch, it is quite likely that you already have it installed on your phone. If this is not the case, you can download the application from the Play Store that should display your watch settings without the need for any further pairing once you have logged in using the same Samsung account.
- Navigate to the Watch settings menu within the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Next, select the option for Advanced features by scrolling down the page.
- Now, under the Home Key option, tap on Double press to personalize the action that occurs when you double-press the home button on your Galaxy Watch. You can assign this action to any action or app.
- Select Bixby, Google Assistant, or the power menu by pressing and holding the option that says “Press and hold.” It is preconfigured to use Bixby by default.
- Now, under the Back key option, tap on the Short press option to select which option you would like to use to either show recent apps or return to the previous screen.