How to link sim with NIN is very simple and you don’t need to visit any of the Network operator’s customer office. Just follow the below steps.
Based on the earlier Order on the termination of new SIM registrations by network operators, on Monday, 14 December 2020, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) issued a whole new way for a transparent SIM registration process that will improve National security integrity. Meanwhile, NCC has given all Network Operators in the country for immediate implementation of the following:
- Network operators must require ALL of their subscribers to supply their SIM registration records with a valid National Identification Number (NIN).
- Subscribers must send the NIN within two weeks (from December 16, 2020, and end by 30 December 2020).
- ALL SIMs without NINs will be banned from the networks after the deadline.
- No registration of new sim cards.
Now it is left for us to link our sim cards with our NIN. If you don’t have NIN, you better visit any NIMC office in your locality and register. Meanwhile, if you have your NIN, you can easily do the linking process at the comfort of your bed.
How to check your NIN on your phone:
If you have forgotten your NIN, kindly dial *346# to retrieve it. The USSD code works on MTN, Airtel, Glo, and 9mobile.
How to Link MTN sim with NIN
To link your NIN with your MTN phone number, just follow the following steps:
- Visit https://mtnonline.com/nim/
- Complete the NIN linking form
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- MTN will send you an OTP code, copy it, and paste it for confirmation.
- That’s all. Now, wait for a response from MTN in a couple of days.
When you get an error response, don’t worry it is simply due to heavy traffic load so try again till it is done.
If you have myMTN app on your phone, simply open it and you’ll see a popup asking you to link your phone number with your NIN. Complete the form and wait for a response from MTN.
Simply Dial *785# and follow the on-screen steps.
Once you are done, wait for the confirmation of your submission. You may get an error message. Don’t worry, just wait and try again till it is done.
Also check: How To Recover Lost Data On Android & iPhone
How to link Airtel sim with NIN
Simply dial *121* and reply with “1” for NIN capture process. Follow the on-screen instruction.
How to link Glo sim with NIN
Simply send “UpdateNIN, NIN, Firstname, Lastname” to 109. Example: UpdateNIN 12345678908 Abdullahi Lawan
How to link 9mobile sim with NIN
Finally, 9mobile has developed a system that would link your NIN to your phone number. Simply dial *200*8# and follow the on-screen instructions.