WhatsApp is one of the most widely used messaging apps in the world. In some parts of the world, Meta’s messaging software has surpassed competing chat apps like iMessage, Telegram, and even SMS. However, one of the most notable features of this well-known instant messaging app is that it still lacks so many things such as message scheduling, which other chat applications have had for years. Let us show you how to schedule messages on WhatsApp on Android, iPhone, and the Web.
You can use WhatsApp to schedule messages in a variety of conditions. Let’s say it’s your friend’s birthday, and you’d like to surprise him at midnight. But you don’t want to stay up too late, or you’re concerned you’ll forget to wish them at 12 a.m. You can plan a pre-written WhatsApp message to your friend to be sent automatically at midnight by utilizing the methods listed below.
Also, if you don’t want to respond to messages right away, this is a perfect approach to do so. Even if you are not near your phone, you can schedule a message to be sent automatically. Let’s take a look at how you can easily schedule WhatsApp messages on your iPhone, Android, or even WhatsApp online.
How to Schedule WhatsApp messages on iPhone
Message scheduling on the iPhone isn’t as easy as it is on Android with third-party apps. Apple is more concerned with the user’s privacy, hence third-party apps are not granted such permissions. iPhone users, on the other hand, can do this task using Siri shortcuts.
It’s simple to schedule a WhatsApp message on an iPhone. To send pre-written messages on WhatsApp for iPhone at a certain time, follow the easy steps outlined below. You can also use this simple method to schedule iMessage texts.
The Shortcuts app must first be downloaded and installed on your iPhone. Apple’s Shortcuts app is an automation tool. It’s a first-party service that’s also secure and safe.
We’ll use the Shortcuts app to automate the process of scheduling a WhatsApp message on the iPhone.
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone first.
- Next, go to the Automation tab and choose Create Personal Automation from the drop-down menu.
- On the next screen, choose Time of Day.
- On the next screen, hit Time of Day again, and in the window displaying the current time, type in the desired time. Keep in mind that this is also the time you want the message to be sent, so choose wisely.
- Select the Monthly option from the drop-down menu below the time window.
- In the pop-up window, choose the date on which you want the message to be sent.
- When you’re finished, tap Next.
- Select Add Action from the drop-down menu.
- In the pop-up box, go to Apps and search for “WhatsApp.”
- Select Send Message rather than Send Message via WhatsApp.
- Enter the message you wish to send and pick the recipient on the screen that appears, as seen in the screenshot.
- When you’ve finished typing your message and selecting the correct recipient, hit Next.
- You can now see a preview of the message, as well as the contact to whom it will be sent and the time it will be delivered.
- Another crucial step in fully automating this process is to turn off the Ask Before Running feature. If you leave this option enabled, the shortcut will not be able to execute without your permission.
- When everything appears to be in order, click Done.
That is all there is to it. The message will now be sent to your preferred contact on WhatsApp at the time you choose. One thing to keep in mind is that once the Shortcut has been triggered, you must erase it so that your iPhone does not send the message to your contact every month. Simply swipe to the left and select Delete to remove the shortcut.
How to Schedule WhatsApp messages on Android phones
SKEDit because it is widely used and It also allows you to set up SMS, email, and phone call reminders.
The steps to schedule a massage on Android are as follows:
- Open the SKEDit app that you downloaded from the Playstore.
- Create an account using your personal information.
- From the + app button, select WhatsApp after you’ve logged in.
- In the phone settings, you must now grant the following permissions: > Goto Accessibility > click on SKEDit and Toggle on Service > Allow
- To schedule a message, enter the recipient’s name, message contents, and a date and time for delivery. You can also change the frequency of the message to daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Before sending a scheduled message, you can double-check your decision. You will receive a notification before the message is sent if you select the “Ask me before sending” option.
- If you’ve turned off the “Ask me before sending” option, you’ll need to turn off the phone’s screen lock. You’ll also be asked to disable the phone’s battery-saving mode.
Caution: Performing this step will automatically deliver WhatsApp messages, but there is a privacy risk. Privacy may be a concern because there would be no screen lock.
If the app prompts you to change the lock screen password, you have two options. One way is to change the lock screen password to swipe for a short period of time. In this instance, the app will be automatically activated, and the message will be sent at the specified time without your permission. When the message to change the lock screen appears, the second method is to tap “Ignore.” In this situation, though, the app will prompt you to unlock your phone once at the desired time. The message will be sent instantly as you unlock your phone.
How to Schedule WhatsApp messages on the web
With the help of a Chrome plugin called Blueticks WhatsApp Scheduler, you can easily schedule WhatsApp messages via WhatsApp Web. This plugin logs you into WhatsApp Web and adds certain functions to the web interface that aren’t already available in WhatsApp.
Schedule Send is one of these features, which can be accessed by clicking the new button next to the message field. To send a message to one of your contacts via WhatsApp Web, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and download the Blueticks extension.
- After installing the extension, go to the top-right menu and register for a free account if you haven’t previously.
- Log in to your Blueticks account and open WhatsApp Web.
- In the Chrome browser, log in to WhatsApp Web by following the on-screen prompts.
- Select the chat for which you wish to schedule a message and click the Schedule button next to the mic symbol.
- Select the day and time you wish to send the message from the custom menu that displays, then type your message in the space provided. You can also create a recurring schedule by checking the Custom recurrence checkbox, which allows you to schedule messages from once per minute to numerous times per year.
- Once you’ve finished, click Schedule Send.
The message will be available and ready to send at the time you specified. You can amend the message or schedule it for an unlimited number of times before it is sent by clicking the edit icon in the top-right corner of the scheduled message.
A scheduled message appears in a blue bubble until it is sent, after which it turns to green, the same color scheme as WhatsApp.
One disadvantage of the web extension that we discovered is that your scheduled messages will not be sent unless WhatsApp Web is installed on your computer along with the extension.
So, right before the specified date and time, make sure WhatsApp Web is operating on your computer in the same browser that you installed Blueticks on. If you don’t send your message at the set time, it will be sent the next time you access WhatsApp Web.
Blueticks’ free version includes all of the basic scheduling options you’ll need to schedule WhatsApp messages on a regular basis. You may need to upgrade to a Premium plan if you need bulk scheduling or other advanced capabilities.
How to Send automated replies on WhatsApp
One aspect of the story is message scheduling. You can set up automated replies for particular periods on WhatsApp if you want to automatically send a welcoming note or simply a placeholder message when someone messages you while you’re away.
You’ll need to download the WhatsApp Business app to your iPhone or Android device to do this. You can create a WhatsApp Business account in the same way that you can create a regular WhatsApp account, with no limitations. The methods below will show you how to use WhatsApp Business to send automatic replies using WhatsApp messages.
- On your iPhone or Android smartphone, download WhatsApp Business from the App Store or Play Store.
- Create a WhatsApp Business account and log in.
- Tap Business tools from the bottom-right corner (iPhone) or the three dots in the top-right corner (Android).
- Enable the Send away message option under Away Message.
- Type your scheduled message into the edit box next to the Away message option.
- Go to Schedule and select Custom Schedule or one of the other options to determine the time frame.
- Return to the Recipients screen and add the persons you wish to send the scheduled message to.
- To save your scheduled message, tap Save.
That is all there is to it. If the intended recipients message you inside the scheduled time range, WhatsApp will send the saved message to them. This is done on the server side and does not necessitate any extra permissions on your device.